Runyon Surface Prep offers a comprehensive line of grinding and polishing machines, along with diamond tooling, for the grinding and polishing of a variety of flooring surfaces. To help in choosing the correct diamond impregnated pad for your job, we’ve put together a one-page, full-color Guide to Diamond Impregnated Pads, outlining five of the most requested brands we carry.
Twister Diamond Cleaning Pads & TXP Xtreme Pads
HTC’s Twister line mechanically cleans and maintains floors using floor pads prepared with billions of microscopic diamonds. Each pad carries a different size of diamonds to polish the floor, keeping its natural gloss and shine.
Benefits of HTC Twister Pads:
- Economical – no costs for chemicals
- Environmentally friendly – uses water only; makes for a better working environment
- Creates higher gloss and cleanliness
- Works on all floor types
Coverage Rates on HTC Twister Pad Life (in square feet):
- Twister TXP Red: 150,000 – 500,000
- Twister Red: 75,000 – 150,000
- Twister White: 300,000 – 350,000
- Twister Yellow: 350,000 – 400,000
- Twister Green: 400,000 – 500,000
- Twister SuperClean (typically only used when cleaning): 400,000 – 700,000
- Twister SuperGloss (typically only used when burnishing): 200,000 up to 250,000
Diamond Cleaning Pads
Estimated pad life is highly dependent on 1) the condition of the floor 2) the equipment used and 3) the type of job. Compared to cleaning, restoration can reduce the pad life by 50% to 75%, depending on the number of passes made with each grit and the amount of pad pressure. Pad life is greater when used wet at low rpms under an auto scrubber versus dry under a burnisher at high rpms.
- SuperClean – daily cleaning of heavily guarded, coated or finished floors
- SuperGloss – daily or periodic burnishing of heavily guarded, coated or finished floors
TXP Xtreme Pads
The TXP is a very unique pad that falls between HTC’s resin bond hybrids and the standard Twister pads in performance.
- On heavily guarded, coated or finished floors – TXP can be used to deep scrub or strip the floors prior to recoating. Lifespan in these applications is 100,000 to 500,000 square feet.
- On stone or concrete floors – TXP can be used for stain and etch repair, light honing and floor preparation. Recommended wherever tools in the 100 to 400 grit range were used previously. As aggressive as a 100 – can leave the floor as refined as a 400. Since this pad is often used as the first step in a restoration, it takes a beating and usually has a lifespan on stone and concrete of 50,000 to 200,000 square feet.
STI SPIN-1 Diamond Pads
Substrate Technology, Inc. (STI) manufactures complete polishing systems from prep to polish, for the best possible finish. The SPIN-1 Pad System polishes concrete in a fraction of the time when compared to large polishing machines. The natural hair pads are infused with diamonds and are exceptionally effective in maintaining polished concrete. Pad life is in excess of 20,000 SF/1,858 M2. Available in 21″ and 27″ sizes to fit most propane burnishers.
3M Scotch-Brite Diamond Plus Pads
The Scotch-Brite™ Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus and Scotch-Brite™ Sienna Diamond Floor Pad Plus Cleaning System by 3M is based on a diamond formula and a simplified, one-step process that simultaneously cleans and polishes stone floors.
Get A Brilliant Shine
- Helps reduce labor and material costs up to 50% – addresses labor and material costs associated with stripping, deep scrubbing and burnishing floors
- Easy to use and easy to maintain
- Environmentally Preferable Cleaning System, which means products or services that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose
- Helps eliminate the need to use floor finishes, coatings, stripper and crystallization products, and the labor-intensive work associated with applying these chemical products
CPS SpinFlex Polishing Pad
SpinFlex Polishing Pads from Concrete Polishing Solutions (CPS) are impregnated with a higher concentration microscopic diamonds and have a higher heat rating than competitors’ pads. They are uniquely designed to maintain and enhance the shine on a variety of surfaces. Easily adaptable, they mount to any floor grinder, burnisher or auto scrubber and are excellent for cleaning and enhancing the floor’s shine.