A SOCIAL MISSION
Doing what we can.
WHY WE'RE LEARNING ABOUT WORKING ON COMMITTED TO A SUSTAINABILITY MANDATE
As a 60+ year-old family-owned business, the team at Runyon has gone through its fair share of changes. Sometimes we are ahead of the game and sometimes not. Regardless, we believe that is is time to put forth the effort to preserve the resources at hand in order to strive for a better future.
and WHAT WE’RE DOING…
– energy consumption by converting our warehouse to LED lights
– emissions by switching forklifts to electric
– paper use through new, near-paperless operating system
– boxes and packing material from receiving to use in the shipping department
– trowels, vacuums, grinders, etc. by offering propane conversions to reduce carbon footprints
– excess cardboard via dedicated recycling dumpster
– cans and bottles thanks to recycling containers spaced throughout the warehouse