ARDEX SD-M™ is a self-drying, trowelable topping for fast-track finishing or resurfacing of interior concrete, terrazzo and ceramic, quarry and porcelain tile. A blend of Portland cement and other hydraulic cements, ARDEX SD-M can be used to provide a hard, flat, smooth surface for warehouses, utility rooms and light manufacturing.
- Use over concrete, terrazzo and ceramic, quarry and porcelain tile
- Provides a smooth, permanent, durable finish
- Easy to mix and apply
- Mixes with water only, no additives necessary
- Outstanding coverage with excellent bond
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Portland cement-based
- Use for interior floors only
- Can be used to create a burnish-polished surface on indoor concrete
- Can be used as pinhole filler for polished concrete and ARDEX Polished Concrete Systems (APCS) applications
Mixing Ratio: 2 quarts (1.9 L) of water to one 10 lb. (4.5 kg) bag
For smaller batches, use 2.5 parts powder to 1 part water by volume for the scratch and finish coat, or 3.5 parts powder to 1 part water for filling pop-outs and spalls.
Coverage: 80 – 100 sq. ft. (7.4 – 9.3 sq. m) per bag in 2 coats; (Actual coverage may vary)
Initial Set (ASTM C191): Approx. 45 minutes
Final Set (ASTM C191): Approx. 90 minutes
Compressive Strength (ASTM C109/mod – Air Cure Only): 5,000 psi (352 kg/sq. cm.) at 28 days
Flexural Strength (ASTM C348): 1,200 psi (84 kg/sq. cm.) at 28 days
Walkable: 2 hours
Begin Processing: 24 – 72 hours
Colors Available: Gray and White
Packaging: 10 lb. (4.5 kg) bag
Storage: Store in a cool, dry area. Do not leave bags exposed to sun. Protect unused material by removing air from bag and sealing tightly.
Shelf Life: 6 months, if unopened
Warranty: ARDEX L.P. Standard Limited Warranty applies.