The ARDEX MC™ RAPID Moisture Control System is a one-coat, 100% solids epoxy moisture management system formulated to suppress excessive moisture vapor emissions in new or existing concrete prior to installing an ARDEX underlayment with flooring or an ARDEX topping with sealer.
- One-coat epoxy resin system
- For RH readings up to 100%
- Excellent coverage
- Fast setting – Proceed in as little as 4 hours
- No sand broadcast required for underlayment applications of 1/4” (6 mm) or less
- Reduces moisture vapor emissions to acceptable levels for floor coverings
- Solvent free, alkali resistant
- ASTM E96 – 0.06 perms
- Tenacious bond to substrate
- Use under all standard commercial and residential floor coverings on interior substrates only
- Use under all ARDEX interior toppings (sand broadcast method only)
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM F3010-18
Mixing Ratio: Add entire pre-measured contents of Part B (Hardener) into Part A (Resin).
10 mils (250 microns):
Approx. 250 – 270 sq. ft. (23 – 25 sq. m) per mixed unit of ARDEX MC RAPID
Approx. 150 – 165 sq. ft. per gallon (3.8 – 4 sq. m per liter)
14 mils (350 microns):
170 – 190 sq. ft. (16 – 18 sq. m) per mixed unit of ARDEX MC RAPID
Approx. 100 – 115 sq. ft. per gallon (2.5 – 2.8 sq. m per liter)
(Will vary with concrete surface profile, porosity and texture)
Permeability (ASTM E96): 0.06 perms
Effect of 14 pH Solution (ASTM D1308): No effect
Working Time: 20 minutes
Pot Life: ARDEX MC RAPID is a fast-setting material; after mixing, immediately pour onto the substrate and apply
Walkable: 4 hours
Install underlayment or topping: Min. 4 hours
VOC: 19.9 g/L, A+B, ASTM D2369
Packaging: One 1.65 gal. (6.25 L) unit
Storage: Store in a cool, dry area. Do not leave containers exposed to sun. Keep from freezing. Keep away from heat.
Shelf Life: 1 year, if unopened
Warranty: ARDEX L.P. Standard Limited Warranty applies.
Extended system warranty is available. Please note that training by the ARDEX Technical Service Department as well as the submittal and approval of an ARDEX MC™ Pre-Installation Checklist is required for extended warranty eligibility. Please contact the ARDEX Technical Service Department for details.